If you have been arrested or are under investigation by a local police department, you will most likely be prosecuted in a State Court. State crimes are violations of State and local statutes or ordinances. They are prosecuted in either Municipal or Superior Courts in the county in which the charges are filed, by either City Attorneys or District Attorneys.
Typical examples of State criminal charges include:
• Manslaughter / Murder • Drug Sales / Distribution
• Embezzlement • Domestic Violence
• Rape and Sex Crimes • Assault and Battery
• Child Abuse / Molestation • Robbery / Grand Theft
• Fraud • Controlled Substance Possession
• Drug Trafficking • Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
Cohen Battisti is a law firm which possesses the experience and resources necessary to effectively guide you through each and every aspect of your state criminal charge defense case.
As your Orlando State Crime Defense Attorney, we will listen to your story, inform you of your legal rights, thoroughly investigate and analyze the evidence against you, put the actions of law enforcement under a microscope, determine what the best possible defense would be, and aggressively represent your rights with every legal resource available by law. At Cohen Battisti, we are extremely detailed in our investigation of the facts and evidence of your case, which ensures we always maintain due diligence in our effort to provide each of our misdemeanor crime defense clients the highest standard of legal representation.
Regarding the defense of your criminal charges, as your Orlando State Crime Defense Attorney, we will fight to ensure your legal rights are protected in an effort to successful resolve your legal situation in the best possible manner, will will:
• Negotiate to have your charges dropped or dismissed
• Negotiate to have your charges reduced
• Negotiate for a diversion program (when available)
• Negotiate for probation instead of jail or prison time
• When a trial is unavoidable, we will aggressively defend your legal rights
Depending on your criminal history, and any additional charges you may be facing, the penalties for a state charge conviction may include:
• Varying terms of jail time or imprisonment
• Hefty monitory fines
• Lengthy terms of probation
• Potential forfeiture of property and assets
• Potential forfeiture of specific basic civil rights
• Community service
• In crimes involving injuries or property damage, legal standing for a civil suit
When accused of state crime charges, you should never take your legal rights lightly. Your rights are a privilege, and our firm considers it an honor to protect those rights by providing professional legal service you can trust and depend upon.
Contact an experienced Orlando state charge defense attorney at Cohen Battisti to schedule a confidential legal consultation regarding your state charge defense legal needs. Contact Cohen Battisti, Attorneys at Law today for a free and confidential consultation.